A jury in Arizona awarded $6 million to the family of a man who died from a toxic interaction between two pain medications – Tramadol and Methadone.
The jury found that the pharmacy, Walgreen’s, that dispensed the drugs was negligent for failing to warn Eric Warren, a high school wrestling coach, of the danger of taking the two medications together. The jury also held the man’s physician partially responsbie for his death.
Attorneys for the man’s family expressed relief regarding the jury verdict, believed the be the largest award in the history of Coconino County, Arizona.
For more information on this subject, please refer to the section on Drugs, Medical Devices, and Implants.